FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Crocheted Purse as a Vase

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Crocheted Purse as a Vase

Well as you can see from the image that I did not turn a crocheted purse into a real vase, but instead used it as a framed vase.

Vintage Frame with Crocheted Purse as a Vase

However, I did combine a vintage frame and a vintage crocheted purse into a vase so to speak. I found this frame at a yard sale just as is. They had painted it brown. I thought about repainting it but then decided to keep it for a while.
I may paint it later.It has a few chips and is banged up, but for 50 cents you can't go wrong. I love picture frames. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but you never know what you might do with one.You will be seeing others.



Vintage frame painted brown
First I cut some foam core to fit the back. I had to use two pieces to make it fit tight. Foam core is great since I could pin items to it. 

I covered the foam with some lace that I had. I just glued it to the back of the foam core. 

I have several of these vintage crocheted purses in various sizes so I thought one of these would be great on this frame. I just used a couple of pins to secure it to the foam core. I added some tissue paper to make the purse "puff" out but didn't like the look. Droopy seemed better.


Vintage Crocheted Purse


I found some silk flowers to put into the crocheted "vase". 


It still needed something. so I checked out my vintage earrings. I found these gold ones that are clip-on. This will make it easy to attach to the crocheted purse - just loop them over.  

Vintage clip-on earrings
I had folded down the top of the purse, so I hooked them into this area. 

Vintage crocheted purse with vintage earrings

Vintage crocheted purse with clip-on earrings and silk flowers
So here is my "little crocheted vase"

Vintage frame with crocheted purse, clip-on earrings and silk flowers

Well, here is my 50 cent framed crocheted vase completed.  I had all of the materials, although I did pay for the vintage crocheted purse - years ago.

Linking up to these parties:

My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaTuesday To Do PartyA Diamond in the StuffThe DIY DreamerMy BlogThe DIY DreamerSugar Bee CraftsPJH DesignsThe Fun In Functional @ Practically Functional - Wednesdays @ 8am katherines cornerGrab Our Button!The Thrifty GrooveToo Much Time On My Hands

18 comments :

  1. You are so creative. Beautiful. You give me an idea:)
    Have a nice day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment. I'm glad that I could give you an idea. Isn't that the great thing about blogging, so many wonderful ideas.
      Have a great week,
      Bev

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! You are invited to share it at my party SHOW-Licious Craft Showcase!

    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2013/02/saturday-show-licious-craft-showcase-21.html

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thanks so much for visiting and the follow! I'm following you back on GFC.

      Delete
    2. Marti,
      Thanks for the wonderful comment and I will stop by on Sunday.
      Thanks for following me back.
      Have a great week,
      Bev

      Delete
  3. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a super cute blog! I look forward to reading more.

    You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie,
      Thanks for the sweet comment and following me. Your French Macaroons look luscious.
      Thanks for following, I followed you back,
      Bev

      Delete
  4. That looks so lovely! Cool idea :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. Sometimes the simple things just come together.
      Have a great day,
      Bev

      Delete
  5. Jennifer,
    Thanks for the invite. I will check you out.
    Have a great weekend,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster. I'm looking forward to seeing what you link up next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure to link up to your party and you always comment back. Great hostess:)

      Have a great day,
      Bev

      Delete
  7. So very pretty! Thanks for linking up at Transformed Tuesday.
    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy,
      Thanks for your lovely comment. I love your Transformed Tuesday party.
      Have a great week,
      Bev

      Delete
  8. Clever use of the earrings! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party. I hope you come visit & link again. I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to use earrings. You will see more of them. I must admit I have shoe boxes filled with vintage earrings. What can I say.
      Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
      Bev

      Delete
  9. How sweet is that! It really is lovely. thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What lovely comments! Thank you so much.
      Have a great weekend,
      Bev

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...