FFf Eclectic Red Barn: From Dumpster to Pretty Lady

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

From Dumpster to Pretty Lady

Two weeks ago, I posted about items I acquired from trash pick up on my street, my baskets. (Still have more items to refinish). Well this week it is an item I found in a dumpster. I would have liked to found more, but I was yelled at to NOT pick anything from the dumpster. Oh, well at least I got this frame.

Pink Lady Frame
It didn't look like this when I rescued it however, but I really liked it and had to have it. 

 This is the "before" picture. It had so much detail on the frame and the fact the it was an octagon shape just enhanced the find.

Framed mirror found in dumpster

Here you can see that the mirror was cracked. 

Frame from dumpster with cracked mirror

The first thing I did was to paint it. I spray painted it with Rust-oleum Ultra Cover in Satin heirloom white.


Once it was dry, I sanded it slightly and then added CeCe Caldwell clear wax. After wiping off the excess and letting it dry, I added  CeCe Caldwell dark wax. I wiped it off and let some stay in the crevices.You can see part of the frame in the picture below.

Frame with CeCe Caldwell dark wax

Now for the center. I copied an image from an old piano sheet music that had two pink ladies on the front. I loved the one with the large hat. When I was making copies of it, the lady's head printed out to fill an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper. I cut the sheet in half and began to pleat it and liked the color the image generated. So instead of using sheet music or old pages, I decided to use the "blown" up version of the lady's head.

I added a circle I made from poster board that I painted with Martha Stewart glitter paint. I placed the pink lady's face with the pink hat in the center of the circle and then added a pink ribbon and some embellishments.

Pink lady as center of frame with ribbon

I added a piece of lace on the back to attached the pink lady circle to the frame. I placed the frame in my bathroom over the toilet.

Framed Pink Lady in bathroom
My framed pink lady looks great in the bathroom. 

Linking to these parties:
Skip To My Lou, Make It Yourself  Monday
I Should be Mopping the Floor,  
Mondays with Countrified Hicks BLOG HOP, 
 Pintastic Mondays ,  
Craft-O-Maniac, 
Fluster's Creative Muster Party,  
Sugar Bee Crafts,
What We Wore + Made Wednesdays
Show and Share with Southern Lovely
Wednesday's at Clean & Sensible
Made by Me Wednesdays (Sugar and Dots)
Adorned From Above
White Lights on Wednesday 
Wow Us Wednesdays 
A Little Bird Told Me Link Party
Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky Party 
The Winthrop Chronicles
BCD Snap - Show and Tell Wednesdays
Linking Up with Lil Luna
Transformation Thursdays @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Catch a Glimpse Thursday
Creative Juice Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Link Party Thursday
Show Off Your Stuff Party
Your Creative Time Out Party
The 36th Avenue Party Time
What I Wore Wednesday











 


8 comments :

  1. You did a wonderful job on your find Beverly. I found several items in the dumpster area where I live. I came upon your your Pretty Lady at Mop It Up Monday.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay,
      Doesn't it make it so much more fun, when you get it from the dumpster or junk pile. I love doing that.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.
      Bev
      PS. Loved the rolled roses on the roaster frame.

      Delete
  2. How marvelous... I love this transformation! I'm so glad you came by to share on Weekly Top Shot #68!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madge,
      I love to transform items, but when I can rescue something from a dumpster or a junk pile, that makes it even better.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting,
      Bev

      Delete
  3. Nice way to redo that old mirror! Stopping by from the Countrified Hicks blog hop. New follower here.
    Michele @ http://lovejoyjunction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I am heading over to check out your blog.
      Have a great weekend,
      Bev

      Delete
  4. the transformation is amazing! I will definitely pin this. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when I can salvage things and redo them. Thanks for commenting nd pinning.
      Have a great weekend.
      Bev

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...