FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Valentine's Vignette

Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine's Vignette

You know when they say "the gift that keeps on giving!" well, my junk pile finds are just that. A while back I told you about all the great finds that my neighbors through out. Another remake from my junk pile items. This time it is a white picture frame that I decided to use for Valentine's Day. 
My husband says, "I can't let anything go to the land fill". Well, it really does bother me that so many items can be re-purposed and I am glad to do my part.

Heart frame with small pitchers and rose

I was actually surprised that the glass wasn't cracked when I pulled it out. It was dirty however, but all it needed was to be cleaned.  It was a very nondescript frame - paint would change that.

White frame from junk pile

I painted the frame pink and when it was dry, added a second coat of CeCe Caldwell Vintage White Chalk paint. Once that was dry, I removed some of the white paint to reveal the pink below. Since the color is so light, it was difficult to get a good picture of the frame's new color.

Showing the pink with white painted frame
Next, I added a doily and used the glass from the frame to secure it in the back. I had a metal heart that I got from Michaels and added a pink ribbon and a cluster of silk roses. 

Pink Frame with lace background and heart with slik roses
The image below is a close up of the cluster of roses I used on the metal heart. 

Silk roses added to a metal heart

Then it was time to add some additional accessories. 

Rose with little pink pitchers
These little pink pitchers are so cute and looked great with my heart frame. As I was walking back from my barn, this lovely rose was calling to me so I added it.

Framed heart with small pink pitchers


Vintage quilted hearts
I actually forgot that I had these two heart pillows. You can tell that the white one has some serious wear - don't you love it?

 Vintage quilted hearts with framed metal heart and small pink pitchers

 This shot didn't have the rose in it, but there is nothing like a rose on Valentine's Day


Vintage quilted hearts, framed metal heart, small pink pitchers,and varigated rose

Linking to these parties;
Friday Flair Link Party

mop it up mondays featureI Heart Nap TimeToo Much Time On My HandsFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialThe Shabby NestsshbuttonOne Artsy Mama five days five ways | feature friday free for all Serenity you Let's Get Social SundaySkip To My LouOr so she saysBWS tips buttonSumo's Sweet StuffMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaPhotobucketFluster BusterThe Fun In Functional @ Practically Functional – Wednesdays @ 8amThe DIY Dreamer

15 comments :

  1. That is so very pretty, Happy Valentines days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my Valentine's Vignette. I'm heading over to your blog to check out the rest - I like the bottle cap jewelry so far.
      Have a great Valentine's Day.
      Bev

      Delete
  2. Mariel,
    Thanks for commenting on my Valentine's vignette. I will head over there and check out your blog.
    Have a great Valentine's Day,
    bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I have to redo some of my frames, too. Thanks for showing how. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frames are great to repurpose. I still have a few to go. Good luck with yours.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.
      Bev

      Delete
  4. Bev that is really beautiful! I'm a little envious of those two heart pillows! I've been enjoying your blog for a little while this afternoon and I'm happy to be your newest follower via GFC. Can't wait to see what else you'll do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danni,
      I had forgotten I had them since they were in my spare bedroom, but there they were. I can't tell you how long I have had those.
      Thanks for following, I really appreciate that
      Have a great week.
      Bev

      Delete
  5. I love turning "trash" into "treasures" :) great job! Thanks for linking up to The Weekly Creative!

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon,
      Thanks for hosting The Weekly Creative party and thanks for the kinds comments.
      Have a great week,
      Bev

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Pearl,
      Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.
      Have a great week,
      Bev

      Delete
  7. this is so pretty! Totally pinning this. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lelanie,
      Have to have a little valentine decorations and redoing the frame help to make it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.
      Have a great weekend,
      Bev

      Delete
  8. I have some frames that could use a makeover like this. Thanks for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster. Looking forward to seeing what you link up next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frames are so much fun to remake. I pick them up anytime I see one with great potential.
      Good luck with yours,
      Bev

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...