FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Got Seed?

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Got Seed?

Birds like to eat so why not make their feeders fun and whimsical. I am always looking for new ways to create bird feeders for my garden. I have been working on my side garden lately since it is right out side my window where I have my computer. You already saw my fountain in My Little Squirrel post, today I will show you my new bird feeders.  

This one is just a little whimsical. Wonder if the birds think so?

Eclectic Red Barn: Got Seed Bird Feeder

Bird feeders come in all sizes and shapes. This one came about from a candlestick holder I was given when I purchased some silver pieces that I showed you how to clean with Bar Keepers Friend. This one was so banged up that I didn't bother to clean it. I tried to pound it out some and this was the best it was going to get.


Eclectic Red Barn: Top View of Candlestick HolderEclectic Red Barn: Side View of Candlestick Holder

                I thought I might use it in a bird feeder. What else did I have to go with it?

I found two terracotta pots and the candlestick fit on top of the small one. I spray painted all of them with this green spray paint from Rustoleum. I thought they still needed something so I decided to add some flowers to the small one. Nothing fancy! Things don't seem to last too long here in Florida.

Eclectic Red Barn: Flowers Painted on Clay Pot


 On the bottom one I painted "Got Seed?"

Eclectic Red Barn: Got Seed?  Painted on Clay Pot

I put the same words on the back side so I could see it from my window. Then I glued the cups on to the candlestick and when it was dry, onto the top pot.


Eclectic Red Barn: Cups on Candlestick Holder

The second bird feeder was a vintage lantern that has seen better days. I found it in a garbage can at a garage sale. I asked if I could have it, and she said yes. I removed the part where the wick came through and added a cup and saucer.


Eclectic Red Barn: Lantern with Cup/Saucer Bird Feeder


I placed them near one another
Eclectic Red Barn: Lantern and Candlestick Bird Feeders
I have several feeders already in the garden. You can see one of them in the background. The one made of vases has a plate on top for seed.

Eclectic Red Barn: Lantern, Candlestick, and Vase Bird Feeders
Here is another view of the bird feeders.

Eclectic Red Barn: Lantern and Candlestick Bird Feeders with other Garden Items
As you can see, almost anything can be turned into a bird feeder. Be creative!

Linking to these parties:
 mop it up mondaysInspire Me MondayMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #72The Chicken ChickOur DelightfulHome”Monday PJH Designs

2 comments :

  1. Hi Beverly,

    These are so creative and pretty. I'm sure the birds think so too. I had to quit feeding mine as I was just baiting them up for my dog to have lunch. :-( Thanks for linking up.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to feed the birds......what a neat idea. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...