FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Saving those bulbs!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Saving those bulbs!

I was at Joann fabrics yesterday and just had to stop in at one of my favorite stores - Home Goods. Of course I didn't need anything, but thought I would just look at what was on Clearance. There they were, on the bottom shelf. Bulbs sprouting out of their boxes. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Amaryllis bulbs in a box

Now I am a sucker for those rejected or ones that probably will not get bought. I always buy the reduced flowers at Lowe's that look half dead and bring them back to life. Does anyone else do this?

I had to buy them so they could grow and bloom. Each container had two amaryllis in them. I also found these paper whites. They too were sprouting. Going home with me!
Eclectic Red Barn: Paperwhites bulbs in a box
Are you checking out these boxes? Aren't they great. What an added bonus! The paper whites had six bulbs in the box. 

When I went to check out, the sales clerk was surprised to see them. She didn't even know they had them. I suggested she hurray back and get some for herself and save some more bulbs.

At home, I planted the bulbs. I will plant the amaryllis in the ground once they have bloomed.
Eclectic Red Barn: Amaryllis bulbs in pot
 I have to check if the paper whites can be planted here.
Eclectic Red Barn: Paperwhites bulbs in pot
I am excited to see them bloom. The amaryllis are red, my favorite.
Eclectic Red Barn: Amaryllis bulbs in a box
The boxes had thin plastic liners in them, but I decided to use other pots. I didn't want to destroy these boxes. I haven't decided what I am going to use them for yet, but there are so many possibilities. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Amaryllis and paperwhites boxes
If you like these, you might want to check out Home Goods and see if they still have some. The amaryllis box was $9 and the paper whites were $7. Not too bad.


The post Saving those bulbs first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
Creativity Unleashed link party! photo ftfhopnew.jpgThe Pin JunkieCraft Frenzy FridayA Bouquet of Talent Linky Party ButtonPinkWhenwow-me_thumb1_thumb1

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...