I modified a recipe that was in Katherine's Corner Recipe Box. She made chicken tacos and you can find her recipe here.
I made my own marinade using key limes instead of limes since that is what I had on hand and added turmeric since it is so good for you. I marinaded the chicken for an hour and then cooked it on the stove.
I decided to use lettuce leaves instead of flour or corn tortillas.
Make sure you have lots of condiments to top your turmeric chicken with. Add a side, I saute zucchini, mushrooms, and carrots.
You have a healthy and quick dinner that tastes great.
Easy, Healthy Turmeric Chicken Lettuce Leaves
· juice from 2 limes or key limes
· 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
· dash of salt
2 medium chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
· Cheddar cheese (grated)
· Avocado (sliced)
· Sour cream
1. To make the marinade for the chicken, in a medium bowl whisk together the lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, turmeric and salt. Add the chicken to the bowl and marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
2. After marinating chicken, cook chicken in a hot pan on the stove. Brown lightly or how you like it.
3. Serve in lettuce leaves with your choice of toppings.
Linking to these parties: