FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Leaping Lizards!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Leaping Lizards!

Early afternoon, the dogs and I head outside to get the clothes off the clothesline. It seems that someone else is enjoying the fresh smelling clothes as well. I must say he scared me at first. I was not expecting him or her.

I slowly turned around to go get my phone to snap a few pictures. This first picture is dark. He is sitting on top of the clothesline beside the clothes pins. Hope you can see him. As soon as I took this one, he began to move toward the tree. 
Electic Red Barn: Gecko on clothesline, very dark

When he got to the tree, I took this one and I think I made him mad.
Eclectic Red Barn: Florida Green Gecko on Tree

He doesn't look happy in the next one. I read that they do this when mating and when they mark their territory. I guess he wants me to stay away from his tree.
Eclectic Red Barn: Florida Green Gecko Marking His Territory

I sent a picture to my husband and he said they bite. Yikes!
He probably has a nest in the tree and I will be seeing more of him. Who knew it could be dangerous hanging out clothes?

4 comments :

  1. I didn't see him immediately, but yikes! I didn't know they bite! Quite cute before he did the scary territorial thing with his throat/neck! : /

    Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo

    ReplyDelete
  2. he would have scared the heck out of me too but then I would have done the same as you and snapped a few shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing pictures - I really think I would have been too scared to get that close!

    Kate x
    Kate at Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to sell the house and move away. I'm in deep denial at what may or may not be in the garden/flower beds around my house!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...