FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Heart Vase Holder

Friday, May 23, 2014

Heart Vase Holder


Memorial weekend is ready to begin and we are trying to get the deck ready for company and cookouts. Why is it that we always seem to finally finish those projects that we have been putting off until right before we are supposed to have company? I don't know about you, but I seem to do that a lot. It gives me that extra push I needed.

As we started to prepare for cleaning the deck, as usual, I wanted to add some additional decor and this heart vase holder was one of them. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Metal heart with vase and crystal

The metal is not old. I purchased some samples of metal tins for a tin ceiling (haven't done that yet). I received 10 different pieces in the colors and styles I choose. When I was cleaning the pantry, there they were. What to do with them? A cute heart! 
Eclectic Red Barn: Metal heart with vase and crystal
I cut out a heart from card stock and then traced it on the tin. I used metal cutters to cut it out. The tin is not thick so it cut easily. Then I sanded the edges lightly to remove any rough parts.

I sanded the metal to make it look older.

I used the drill press (you could use a drill) to drill holes in the top for the twisted hanger.  I will show you how you can make any size twisted hangers in another post.

Next I drilled a hole for the vase. I wrapped some wire around the vase and then inserted it into the hole and tied it on the back. This little vase was perfect since it had groves on it to hold the wire.
Eclectic Red Barn: Vintage metal heart with vase and crystal
I felt that it still needed something so I drilled another hole and added a crystal. I found these at Hobby Lobby. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Vintage metal heart with vase,crystal, and lavender
I put in some dried lavender, but fresh flowers would work too. Probably will keep dried in most of the time and fresh when we have company.
{nifty button}Eclectic Red Barn: Vintage metal heart with vase,crystal, and fresh flowers
I purchased the samples @ 10 for $5 and the crystals at Hobby Lobby @ 6 for $2.50. (Half off coupon) The wire and vase I had. This turned out so sweet and inexpensive as well.
”Craft”Craft
I will be showing you more about the deck and a few other projects in upcoming posts. Stay tuned!



The post Heart Vase Holder first appeared on  Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
NEWDIYLargeButtonpin junkie pinterestThe Dedicated HouseInspire Me MondayWeekday MixerThe Chicken ChickInline image 2Fluster's #CreativeMuster Linky Party #73What did you makeHouse on the WayInspire Me Wednesday with seven thirty three and Happiness is HomemadeIvy and Elephantsthursday favorite things blog hop2013 Shab Friday logoParty with UsSay G'Day Saturday Linky Party {89} ~ Low Carb Oven Baked Cheese Crisps

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...