FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Recycled Chair as Flower Pot

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Recycled Chair as Flower Pot

I have this thing for chairs, well lots of things actually, but really chairs. I guess I feel the need to rescue them sometimes. This was the case with the well worn, or as my husband says, "garbage" chairs. I was taking the dogs for a ride on the golf cart, their favorite thing to do, and spotted these chairs on top of a pile of other junk and tree trimmings. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Old wicker chair rescued from garbage
They weren't in bad shape except for the fact that the seat was gone. Does that count?
I grabbed the two of them and loaded them into the golf cart. I don't have an original picture with some of the cane still in the seat. I was anxious to get started. 
This one had some  issues with the back, but glue fixed that. Once I removed all of the cane, the holes were left and I thought this would be a great way to add some wire to hold the planter instead of placing a plant container into the hole.
Now paint. I painted the chairs grey. I used this grey on my rockers out front. Looking good already. 

I had this 16 gauge wire that I use for all sorts of projects, since it will not rust. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Galvanized wire

I used an old wire basket that I got out of junk as well. I looped the wire through the holes and around the basket. The dogs enjoy when I am working outside. Such great helpers!
Eclectic Red Barn: upcycling chair to planter
This is heavy wire so it was a little difficult to get it pretty. Who cares, the plants will cover it.
Eclectic Red Barn: upcycling chair to planter
I added the coco liner and it was ready for soil and plants.
Eclectic Red Barn: Upcycled chair to planter
I picked zinnias and vincas.
This mum plant is actually from last fall. I left them in the pots and pretty much let them die. I was going to pull them out and plant something new, when I noticed that it was growing. I just assumed that I would get a couple of leaves and that would be it. Instead, they are gorgeous. 

From now on, I am not going to pay attention to them. Maybe that is the secret!
Eclectic Red Barn: Upcycled chair into planter
I love how it turned out and I only had to come up with the wire and a liner. Best part is that I still have another chair. Things don't last too long here in southern Florida. They take a beating from the  sun and the rain. When this chair falls apart, I can bring out the other one.


The post Recycled Chair as Flower Pot first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
The DIY DreamerGrab button for GREEN wILLOW PONDthursday favorite things blog hopCatch a Glimpse Party #185Inspire Us Thursday Link Party photo ftfhopbutton.jpgCreativity Unleashed link party!Craft Frenzy Friday{nifty button}NEWDIYLargeButtonInspire Me MondayRooted In ThymeThrifty Thursday Squarepin junkie pinterestParty with Us

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...