FFf Eclectic Red Barn: My broken heart!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

My broken heart!


I am not sure how to write this post. So much I would like to say, but it is difficult to find the right words. Some of you may know about how our dachshund Tiny has been dealing with some neurological issues for the last six months. She was doing so well, that we thought the worst was over.

Right before our vacation, she had a mild spell and seemed to recover quickly. However, the doctor felt that she needed a CT scan so we could discover exactly what was going on with her. As part of our vacation, we drove to Vermont to have the procedure done by my daughter-in-laws friend.
Eclectic Red Barn: Tiny

On the trip she was very good, playing and barking with the other dogs, but when we got to Vermont, she had another spell. The CT scan was scheduled for Wednesday. The results were not good. She had extra fluid on her brain and some other issues, but thought we might try some new medication. We gave her plenty of fluids and meds that night. During the night her breathing was labored and she seemed in pain. By 5:30 on Thursday, she was really struggling.

My daughter-in-law took her to the clinic and administered more meds. I had never seen her like this when she had other episodes. I knew this was not good. We headed to the clinic to be with her. She was still struggling so they gave her something to ease the pain and she quieted down. I just held her and she passed. I didn't have to make the decision to have her put down. I was glad for that.

We did everything we could to save her.  It has been a week today and my heart still breaks. I have a hard time sleeping because she always slept in the crook of my right arm.  The worst part was leaving Vermont yesterday. I felt like I was leaving her behind. We only had her for a short time, but I loved her so much.

I spend time looking at pictures and video of her. I have this one video when she was in Vermont last Christmas and out playing in the snow. How she enjoyed life. She was a special little dog. You just couldn't help but fall in love with her and her feisty personality.  She fought long and hard, but sometimes it isn't meant to be.

The clinic made us this plaque. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Tiny's paw print

Thank you for listening and sharing all of my stories about Tiny with me. As many of you know, it is not easy to lose a pet, especially one that is so young.
The post My Broken Heart first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
From My Front Porch To  Yours- Treasure Hunt ThursdayLove Bakes Good CakesCreativity Unleashed link party!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...