FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Adding the holidays to wire baskets

Friday, December 12, 2014

Adding the holidays to wire baskets

In many parts of the country, the hanging baskets have been put away. However, here in Florida, mine stay up all year. Usually this time of year, I don't have potted plants in my baskets since the selection is minimal with holiday flowers in demand. So what to do with those wire baskets?

Decorate them of course.  Many of you have pine trees where you can get fresh pine, but here not so much or at least not the good kind. I went to Home Depot and they had two carts filled with pine branches that they trimmed off the trees and said I could have all I wanted. Yeah!! 

Free pine branches are added to wire hanging baskets.
Eclectic Red Barn: Pine wire baskets with birds and ribbons
I found these baskets that someone was throwing out and love them. I just began buy cutting pieces and putting them in the baskets.
Eclectic Red Barn: Pine wire basket
Once I had all the greenery in, I placed a nest and a bird inside the basket. The are under the overhang of the garage so should be protected. They also help to hide the cords for the outside lights.
Eclectic Red Barn: Pine wire baskets with birds and ribbons
Next came bows. I had them from last year. I think they were from the dollar store. I loved how the hanging baskets brightened up that area. 

I added a bell to the bottom of the basket. I guess I can't leave well enough alone. In my next post I will tell you how to make these bells from items from the Dollar Tree.
Eclectic Red Barn: Pine wire baskets with birds, ribbons, and a bell
No snow here, but looking a little more like Christmas. Love the pine smell. It made my car smell so wonderful. I thought about leaving it in there. lol!

Hope you are having fun getting ready for Christmas!




The post  Adding the holidays to wire baskets first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
Shabbilicious-Friday ChristmasToo Much Time On My HandsLove Bakes Good CakesInspire Me Monday 31 Days to Slash Your Budget PainlesslyIvy and Elephants

1 comment :

  1. This post is so informative and makes a piece of very nice information on the topic in my mind. It is the first time I visit your blog, but I was extremely impressed. Keep posting as I am gonna come to read it every day. wire baskets

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...