FFf Eclectic Red Barn: American Girl Ready for Halloween

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

American Girl Ready for Halloween

When I was visiting my grand daughter in September, she wanted to be a princess for Halloween. We shopped for a dress and she even bought wings. I thought I would make her a princess dress for her American Girl doll to go with hers.

Eclectic Red Barn: AG getting ready for Halloween

She loves pink so of course I choose that color. I also picked a sheer fabric for the sleeves and the bodice. It has silver speckles on the fabric.


Eclectic Red Barn: AG Top of Halloween Princess Dress

The shirt is just a satin pink fabric. I was going to make it fancier, but making clothes for AG is harder than if I had made one for my grand daughter. It never ceases to amaze me how long it takes. The clothes are so tiny. Maybe that is why it takes so long. 
Eclectic Red Barn: AG Halloween Princess Dress

I wanted to get it shipped, so wings were out and a wand was in.


Eclectic Red Barn: AG Halloween Princess Dress Tophalf

This was the easiest part. I painted a skewer white. Glued white and pink ribbon at the top. Now for the top, I cut 6 stripes of fabric - 3 of the sheer and 3 of the pink satin. I gathered it and hot glued it to the top of the skewer. 


Eclectic Red Barn: AG Halloween Princess Wand

Well, her American Girl is ready for Halloween. I hope she likes her new costume. 



Linking to these parties:

Oh My Heartsie Girls Wonderful WednesdayCome party with us and share your WONDERFUL content at Wonderful Wednesday #party #wonderfulwednesdayClassical HomemakingThriving on ThursdaysLinky Party Logowow-me_thumb1_thumb1>Your Whims WednesdayPicture1-meet-up-mondayStrangers and Pilgrims on Earth photo ThisMommasMeanderingMondays_zps5366bef9.jpgWORKING IN MY FARMHOUSE KITCHEN AND A $479.00 GIVEAWAYTalk of the Town link party button photo TWTbasic_zpsy3tbxehg.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...